- Visa for entry into Nepal can be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
- Visa can also be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu.
- A valid passport and one passport -size photo with a light background is required.
- Visa can be obtained on arrival only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen. Please note Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
USD 25 or equivalent convertible currency
USD 40 or equivalent convertible currency
USD 100 or equivalent convertible currency
- Provision of free visa for 30 days is available for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal
- Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any one of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo
- Identity card issued by a Government Agency with photo
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu with photo
- Identity Card with photo issued by Sub-Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above this rank
- Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
If you want to cut the hassle at the airport, you can alternatively apply for online visa online.nepalimmigration.gov.np
If you have further inquiry please contact, Nepal Immigration Department at:
Website: www.nepalimmigration.gov.np If you are interested to know more about Nepal please visit: welcomenepal.com/promotional/